Bookmark your cookie and site data in Chrome for easy access. chrome://settings/cookies
A nice comedy / commentary piece by 37 Signals about “Valuation” http://t.co/Asne7ZYb
I have been running into a problem more and more with my MacBook Pro. The trackpad is sticking and requiring a reboot to fix. There seems to be an issue with the external bluetooth mouse and the internal Trackpad. I have seen this all over the web and Apple has not fixed the issue. If anything it seems to have gotten worse over time.
My specific fix has been to turn off the Trackpad when the mouse is present and that seems to be working for now.
Goto: System Preferences – > Universal Access – > Mouse Trackpad -> Trackpad Options -> Ignore Built in Trackpad when Mouse or external Trackpad is present.
This fix took care of the problem for a short while but eventually the machine had other problems that needed to be addressed.
- The trackpad problem turned out to be a an old battery that had inflated (Do batteries really do that?) and was pressing against the trackpad.
- The external mouse problems that I thought were related were not. There was a corrupt files system. I needed to fully reinstall the OS and get my files back from a backup. Thank god for Time Machine..
DId anyone else notice that the Mickey Mouse watch on the Apple iPod Nano page is keeping real time? http://t.co/aj6sZntD
Just in case you want to know the first secret of sales and support. Answer the Phone. Make it easy for customers. It does wonders.
My wife couldn’t get anyone to help her in the @REI store, so she went online while sitting on the bike she wanted and bought it.
Seems like a lot of people are having problems with youtube iFrame embeds working correctly on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad). Sometimes they will work, other times they wont. I have seen a bunch of different fixes for this but nothing that worked consistently for me.
The problem seems to come from the extra parameters that people put at the end of the URL string to get certain functionality. Some of these are very nice additions that Youtube has put in there.
All of the following query string parameters that the Youtube iFrame uses to add functionality to the embedded video, will cause problems when the URL is used to load an HTML5 video for the iOS device.
HTML with params
<iframe width="519" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D2p0UKDrC_o? enablejsapi=1&version=3&rel=0&controls=1&playerapiid=ytplayer&modestbranding=1&autohide=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
HTML without the params.
<iframe width="519" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D2p0UKDrC_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Gist with how to check for iOS and how to embed with a function
If you have run into problems checking out a case sensitive site repository to work on locally, you may know this frustration. Someone may have created a file in your repository that has the same name as another file but with different cases. eg. (imagename.png, ImageName.png) Your repository may know these as two different files but your Mac won’t (At least out of the box)
So what are you to do?
Well you can follow the following steps like I learned from some friends
- Goto Disk Utility and create a new disk image that is the size needed for your repository
- Make it a sparse disk image
- pick the size that you need
- Save it in your sites folder (or where ever your apache or web server is running)
- Open terminal and go to the folder in your new volume (cd /Volumes/name of your image/)
- check out your repository into your new volume (svn co http://svn.reposname.com/repos/nameofrepository/trunk .)
- Now go to your Sites folder in terminal cd /Users/your name/sites/ (or where ever your web server is looking for your local sites)
- create a symbolic link from a folder where your webserver will be looking for your new repository to the new case-sensitive volume you have created
ln -s /Volumes/Name of Disk Image/ nameOfFolderInYourSitesDirectory/
It’s important that there is NOT already a folder with this name already in your Sites directory.
Facebook says it may sue employers who demand employee Facebook account info. http://t.co/ZsKReIJd
youtube iFrame embeds not working on iOS devices? Take the extra params off the end of the URL!