[Link] I love the way they say “For grown ups” why not just say it’s a vibrator.
I took a much needed day off yesterday and got my brain and body together. Spent alot of the day hangin out but it really helped. Now if I could just get my xmas shopping out of the way.
The Annual Stella Awards The Stella’s are named after 81-year-old Stella Liebeck who spilled Coffee on herself and successfully sued McDonalds. That case inspired the Stella Awards for the most frivolous successful lawsuits in the United States.
The following are this year’s candidates:
1.Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas, was awarded $780,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The owners of the store were understandably surprised at the verdict, considering the misbehaving little toddler was Ms. Robertson’s son.
2. A 19-year-old Carl Truman of Los Angeles won $74,000 and medical expenses his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Mr. Truman apparently didn’t notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor’s hubcaps.
3. Terrence Dickson of Bristol, Pennsylvania, was leaving a house he had just finished robbing by way of the garage. He was not able to get the garage door to go up since the automatic door opener was malfunctioning. He couldn’t re-enter the house because the door connecting the house and garage locked when he pulled it shut. The family was on vacation, and Mr.Dickson found himself locked in the garage for eight days. He subsisted on a case of Pepsi he found, and a large bag of dry dog food. He sued the homeowner’s insurance claiming the situation caused him undue mental anguish. The jury agreed to the tune of $500,000.
4. Jerry Williams of Little Rock, Arkansas, was awarded $14,500 and medical expenses after being bitten on the buttocks by his next door neighbor’s beagle. The beagle was on a chain in its owner’s fenced yard. The award was less than sought because the jury felt the dog might have been just a little provoked at the time by Mr. Williams who was shooting it repeatedly with a pellet gun.
5. A Philadelphia restaurant was ordered to pay Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, $113,500 after she slipped on a soft drink and broke her coccyx (tailbone). The beverage was on the floor because Ms. Carson had thrown it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument.
6. Kara Walton of Claymont, Delaware, successfully sued the owner of a night club in a neighboring city when she fell from the bathroom window to the floor and knocked out her two front teeth. This occurred while Ms.Walton was trying to sneak through the window in the ladies room to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge. She was awarded $12,000 and dental expenses.
7. This year’s favorite could easily be Mr. Merv Grazinski of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Mr. Grazinski purchased a brand new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On his first trip home, having driven onto the freeway, he set the Cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the drivers seat to go into the back and make himself a cup of coffee. Not surprisingly, the R.V. left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Mr. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising him in the owner’s manual that he couldn’t actually do this. The jury awarded him $1,750,000 plus a new motor home. The company actually changed their manuals on the basis of this suit, just in case there were any other complete morons buying their recreation vehicles.
I’m really glad to see that the cheap Linux machine that Walmart is selling is doing good
Perfection of means and confusion of goals seem- in my opinion – to characterize our age
Got back from our trip to the east coast for Thanksgiving. Not that much hastle with planes or bags or cars or anything, the travel worked out nicely. Alanna and I decided to stay around Washington instead of going up to NY for a couple of days.
Here are some pictures on Alanna’s site of our time around the house and in downtown Washington.
This ad definately wins best spoof on an ad, for it’s apple switch spoof. [LINK]
OK all packed and ready to go. Got some geek mags for the trip but already started to look through them. Trying to avoid having to check any baggage so I stuff my brothers comforter that I’m supposed to bring to him into my backpack. Kinda surprised it fit. Also stuck a nice bottle of wine that I am bringing back into my suitcase. Hope that doesn’t break, that would be a bummer.
Well our office party to celebrate our new space went off great. Lots of people that we had not seen in a couple years and lots of food and drink. I think next time we may start the party a little later.
I’m off to head home for the holidays tomorrow morning. Hopefully it will not be a crazy time trying to get to the east coast on the day before Thanksgiving.. (Yeah Right)