We are hiring at my work and I have seen so many crappy websites and resumes it is turning my brain to mush. So the question is, is there a better way? This has been quoted all around the web and I think it would probable work for larger companies.
HOW DO YOU RECRUIT PEOPLE INTO A BUSINESS?
See the answer below:
Put about 100 bricks in some particular order in a closed room with an open window. Then send 2 or 3 candidates in the room and close the door. Leave them alone and come back after 6 hours and then analyze the situation.
- If they are counting the bricks. Put them in the accounts department.
- If they are recounting them.. Put them in auditing .
- If they have messed up the whole place with the bricks. Put them in engineering.
- If they are arranging the bricks in some strange order. Put them in planning.
- If they are throwing the bricks at each other. Put them in operations .
- If they are sleeping. Put them in security.
- If they have broken the bricks into pieces. Put them in information Technology.
- If they are sitting idle. Put them in human resources.
- If they say they have tried different combinations, yet not a brick has been moved. Put them in sales.
- If they have already left for the day. Put them in marketing.
- If they are staring out of the Window. Put them on strategic planning.
- And then last but not leastâ€¦ If they are talking to each other and not a single brick has been moved. Congratulate them and put them in top management.