I had a dream that I went to a city and it was just a big mall in the desert. Oh wait that was Las Vegas.
Las Vegas has certainly come of age. The once sleepy old town built on the liquor, prostitution, and gambling money of the hoover dam has turned into the city built on…………….. well, the liquor, gambling and prostitution money of all of America. But now they have corporate sponsorship. (I think each hotel should sponsor their own set of hookers. Then each year they could battle them against each other in the hooker olympics.)
Some things that I will not soon forget about Vegas:
- A woman walking around the casino at midnight carrying a 3 month old baby in one arm smoking a cigarette in the other and arguing with her friends about where exactly the craps table is.
- Watching an entire hooker, John transaction take place in one of the walk up bars in the Mirage.
- Watching other hookers circle around the bars looking for likely customers. Unlike other cities where the johns circle around looking for the hookers.
- The amount of energy it takes to run the air conditioning in Vegas is enough to run entire south american countries.
- I fully understand why so much of the show “Cops” is filmed in Vegas.
- Somehow I always believe my girlfriend when she says with a gleam in her eye “It’s just around the corner, trust me”
- I will always remember “Lance Burton”, and I didn’t even see him the whole time